Should I talk to my doctor about my pulmonary fibrosis symptoms?

If you have any symptoms of pulmonary fibrosis, such as shortness of breath or dry coughing, you should talk to your doctor right away. Treatment for pulmonary fibrosis cannot repair damage that has already been done to your lungs, but it can slow down the disease's progression, provide relief for your symptoms, and improve your quality of life. If you've been noticing that you are becoming increasingly short of breath and coughing even though you aren't sick, you should make an appointment with your doctor.

Continue Learning about Pulmonary Fibrosis

What are inflammatory and fibrotic disorders?
Lyall A. Gorenstein, MDLyall A. Gorenstein, MD
Interstitial lung disease & pulmonary fibrosis are general terms used to describe inflammatory a...
How quickly does pulmonary fibrosis progress?
There isn't a standard for how quickly pulmonary fibrosis progresses in the people who have it. Some...
Is pulmonary fibrosis fatal?
Pulmonary fibrosis is considered a fatal disease. There is not a cure or even a very effective treat...
Is pulmonary fibrosis the same as hypersensitivity pneumonitis?
Pulmonary fibrosis is the permanent scarring of the lungs, which interferes with a person's ability ...