What role do oximetry tests play in pulmonary fibrosis treatment?

Oximetry tests can help doctors diagnose pulmonary fibrosis, as well as monitor the progression of the disease. Oximetry tests measure how much oxygen is circulating in your bloodstream. The test is simple and painless - a small device is clipped onto your finger or earlobe, and the device measures your oxygen amounts. Oximetry can help track the course of the pulmonary fibrosis as accurately as a chest x-ray, if not more.

Continue Learning about Pulmonary Fibrosis Treatment

What do I need to know about caring for someone with pulmonary fibrosis?
People who have pulmonary fibrosis often have to make lifestyle changes, and if you are close to som...
How do I manage my pulmonary fibrosis on a daily basis?
Following your doctor-prescribed treatment plan and making lifestyle changes are important to managi...
How is pulmonary fibrosis treated?
Anthony L. Komaroff, MDAnthony L. Komaroff, MD
Pulmonary fibrosis is a condition in which there is significant or widespread scarring in the lungs....
Is idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis a common version of pulmonary fibrosis?
Idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is by far the most common version of pulmonary fibrosis. The term idio...