Is there a cure for pulmonary alveolar proteinosis?

Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is an uncommon lung disease that can cause mild to severe respiratory illness. While the underlying cause of PAP is not clearly understood-the abnormal disease process that causes illness has been identified. Initially-the goal of treatment for people with PAP is symptom relief. At an advanced stage-the definitive treatment or cure for PAP is lung transplant.

Continue Learning about Pulmonary Alveolar Proteinosis (PAP)

How does pulmonary alveolar proteinosis affect the body?
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is a rare lung disease that causes respiratory problems and gen...
What are the treatment options for pulmonary alveolar proteinosis?
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is a rare lung condition that can appear unexpectedly and cause...
Should I discuss my pulmonary alveolar proteinosis symptoms with my doctor?
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is a lung disease that unpredictably afflicts people of all age...
What medications treat pulmonary alveolar proteinosis?
Pulmonary alveolar proteinosis (PAP) is an uncommon pulmonary disease that is caused by an abnormal ...