Will my child's behavior change during puberty?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Puberty is a time of physical, social, and cognitive development for adolescents, and it is likely that your child's behavior will change. Your child is likely to become more aware of their body, which may cause them to feel insecure. Peer approval will become increasingly important and may be related to physical development.

Males may exhibit aggressive behavior related to increased hormone levels or develop a sex drive. Females may become insecure about late development or begin interacting with older social groups if they develop early. The rate at which your child develops physically in relation to their peers can significantly affect their behavior.

Continue Learning about Puberty

As a Teen, At What Age Will I Stop Growing?
What Happens to the Female Brain at Onset of Puberty?
How Are "Wet Dreams" and Puberty Related?
When Does PMS First Appear?
When Does PMS First Appear?