Will my child's behavior change during puberty?

Puberty is a time of physical, social, and cognitive development for adolescents, and it is likely that your child's behavior will change. Your child is likely to become more aware of their body, which may cause them to feel insecure. Peer approval will become increasingly important and may be related to physical development.

Males may exhibit aggressive behavior related to increased hormone levels or develop a sex drive. Females may become insecure about late development or begin interacting with older social groups if they develop early. The rate at which your child develops physically in relation to their peers can significantly affect their behavior.

Continue Learning about Puberty

How can puberty affect my child's sleep?
Dr. Michael Breus, PhDDr. Michael Breus, PhD
Puberty brings a ton of changes to a young person’s life, but now we have evidence that the chan...
What hormones are involved in puberty?
The lutinizing hormone (LH) stimulates puberty when the hormone begins to be released from the pitui...
How Are "Wet Dreams" and Puberty Related?
Why Do Some Girls Reach Puberty Early?
Why Do Some Girls Reach Puberty Early?