What medications affect the onset of puberty?

Doctors may prescribe synthetic gonadotropin-releasing hormone (such as leuprolide, acetate, deslorelin, or histrelin) to slow early onset puberty. These medications stop the production of certain sex hormones. Supplemental sex hormones, such as testosterone may be used to initiate the process.

Continue Learning about Puberty

What is puberty?
Puberty is the time in which girls and boys begin the biological and physiological process of becomi...
Will my child's behavior change during puberty?
Puberty is a time of physical, social, and cognitive development for adolescents, and it is likely t...
What Can I Do to Prevent My Daughter From Reaching Puberty Early?
Are Children Reaching Puberty Earlier Than Before?