What happens during puberty?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
During puberty, physical changes occur as the child moves into adulthood and becomes capable of reproduction. It is a monumental transition in the human lifecycle. The gonads (ovaries in girls and testes in boys) mature and release sex hormones, leading to important changes in the skin, brain, muscles, bones, and sex organs.
The Woman's Migraine Toolkit: Managing Your Headaches from Puberty to Menopause (A DiaMedica Guide to Optimum Wellness)

Migraines are a common, controllable type of headache that affects one in every six women, more than 20 million in the United States alone. The Woman’s Migraine Toolkit helps readers take charge of...

Continue Learning about Puberty

At what age does puberty begin?
Puberty typically begins at different ages for males and females. Females tend to begin puberty firs...
What happens if my child is in early or late puberty?
If your child is early or late, your doctor might run blood tests to check on hormone and thyroid le...
Are Children Reaching Puberty Earlier Than Before?
What Can I Do to Prevent My Daughter From Reaching Puberty Early?