Should I consult my doctor about my child's puberty development?

Puberty is a common and important stage of development for adolescents. Consult your doctor if you or your child has any questions about the process. If your child begins puberty prior to age nine for boys or age eight for girls, or if your child does not yet exhibit physical changes related to puberty by age 16 for boys and 14 for girls, you should consult your doctor. Also, contact your doctor if your child develops any other uncommon symptoms.

Continue Learning about Puberty

Is the onset of puberty related to weight?
The onset of puberty may be related to weight. Adolescents that are mildly to moderately overweight ...
What is the sequence of puberty development in girls?
Most young girls begin breast development around age 11. That is followed by pubic hair growth and h...
Are Children Reaching Puberty Earlier Than Before?
What Problems Does Early Puberty Cause for Girls?