A psychiatrist is a qualified mental health practitioner. They are osteopathy or medical doctors who have at least four years of psychiatric training after graduation from medical school. They can prescribe drugs and practice psychotherapy. You might need to consult a psychiatrist if you suffer from a severe mental illness.
- Q What are the benefits of psychotherapy for bipolar disorder?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat phobias?
- Q What are the basic approaches to psychotherapy?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat personality disorders?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat non-ulcer dyspepsia (NUD)?