A psychiatrist is a qualified mental health practitioner. They are osteopathy or medical doctors who have at least four years of psychiatric training after graduation from medical school. They can prescribe drugs and practice psychotherapy. You might need to consult a psychiatrist if you suffer from a severe mental illness.
- Q Does mental health therapy include supportive psychotherapy?
- Q What should I know before I try psychotherapy?
- Q What is short-term psychotherapy?
- Q Does psychotherapy work as treatment for bipolar disorder?
- Q Can psychotherapy help to heal problems?
- Q Can psychotherapy and medication prevent bipolar disorder relapses?