A psychiatrist is a qualified mental health practitioner. They are osteopathy or medical doctors who have at least four years of psychiatric training after graduation from medical school. They can prescribe drugs and practice psychotherapy. You might need to consult a psychiatrist if you suffer from a severe mental illness.
- Q What is short-term psychotherapy?
- Q What are the basic approaches to psychotherapy?
- Q Does talk therapy work?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat pain?
- Q What is strength-based assessment in psychotherapy?
- Q What are the benefits of psychotherapy for bipolar disorder?