A psychiatrist is a qualified mental health practitioner. They are osteopathy or medical doctors who have at least four years of psychiatric training after graduation from medical school. They can prescribe drugs and practice psychotherapy. You might need to consult a psychiatrist if you suffer from a severe mental illness.
- Q What are the two main types of psychotherapy?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat seasonal affective disorder (SAD)?
- Q What are the benefits of psychotherapy for bipolar disorder?
- Q Why should my family get psychotherapy if I have a bipolar child?
- Q Does psychotherapy help treat schizophrenia?
- Q Can psychotherapy and medication prevent bipolar disorder relapses?