A psychiatrist is a qualified mental health practitioner. They are osteopathy or medical doctors who have at least four years of psychiatric training after graduation from medical school. They can prescribe drugs and practice psychotherapy. You might need to consult a psychiatrist if you suffer from a severe mental illness.
- Q Does mental health therapy include supportive psychotherapy?
- Q What is psychotherapy?
- Q Why should my family get psychotherapy if I have a bipolar child?
- Q Does psychotherapy help with well-being in the elderly?
- Q What are the two main types of psychotherapy?
- Q Can psychotherapy help my child with bipolar disorder?