What are the alternative treatments for psoriasis?

If you need relief from the itch and pain of psoriasis, make a cayenne pepper paste. Simply add equal parts of cayenne powder to olive oil and apply with a spoon to the affected area for instant relief.
This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
A variety of light therapies are available to treat psoriasis. Sometimes methotrexate is indicated for cases that are resistant to other treatment.  Methotrexate is a chemotherapy agent and should not be taken if pregnancy is an issue or concern.  Speak with your physician about the options available to you.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

What You Need to Know About Plaque Psoriasis
Learn more about plaque psoriasis—and get a look under the skin of a patient living with the condition—with Sharecare’s revolutionary 360-degree virtu...
Is plaque psoriasis serious?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Psoriasis is a skin disease that affects the normal growth of skin cells, and varies in severity fro...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
Does Psoriasis Raise My Risk of Skin Cancer?