What should I know about using sunscreen if I have pustular psoriasis?

Pustular psoriasis may be triggered by sunburn, infections, or medications. This form of psoriasis causes pus-filled lesions with red and swollen skin. If you have this severe form of psoriasis, you should talk to your doctor or dermatologist about how to best care for your skin, including sunscreen application.

Depending on the severity of your pustular psoriasis, your doctor or dermatologist may suggest that you simply wear protective clothing for sunscreen protection, especially on those areas of your skin that are most affected by pustular psoriasis.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Psoriasis and the Future of Treatment
Psoriasis and the Future of Treatment
Biologic therapies provide relief for many people with psoriasis, but what will treatment look like in the future? In this video, Dr. Oz explains how ...
What increases my risk for plaque psoriasis?
Obesity can increase the risk of psoriasis in certain populations. Definitive research has shown tha...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
LeAnn Rimes Talks About Her Psoriasis
LeAnn Rimes Talks About Her Psoriasis