What should I know about using sunscreen if I have plaque psoriasis?

Exposure to sunlight can help heal plaque psoriasis, but be sure you have applied a good broad-spectrum sunscreen because your plaque psoriasis may worsen if you get sunburned. Talk to your doctor or dermatologist about the best sunscreen options for your plaque psoriasis because the affected skin can be sensitive or sore. Try a sunscreen product made for sensitive skin.

If you have a serious case of plaque psoriasis, talk to your doctor about exposure to sunlight and how to best protect your sensitive skin.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Is Plaque Psoriasis Treatment Different Depending on the Site?
Not all psoriasis treatments are safe to use on every area of the body. In this video, dermatologic surgeon Dendy Engelman, MD, explains why different...
What is psoriasis?
Dr. Gary Goldenberg, MDDr. Gary Goldenberg, MD
Psoriasis is a skin condition that is genetic and presents with scaly, itchy plaques on the skin. Th...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?