What should I know about using sunscreen if I have flexural psoriasis?

Some sun exposure can help psoriasis clear from the skin. For some reason, the ultraviolet light often has a beneficial effect. However, too much sun exposure can cause a flare-up of psoriasis. Since flexural psoriasis (also known as inverse psoriasis) mainly affects areas of the body where the skin meets, such as the armpits, it is unlikely to be exposed to the sun.

It is best to speak with your dermatologist about how sun exposure might or might not help your psoriasis. Most experts recommend that people with psoriasis avoid excessive sun exposure. Your doctor may have more specific recommendations on what kind of sunscreen to use and when to apply it.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Find Help for Psoriasis Flares
Find Help for Psoriasis Flares
If you have psoriasis, the very idea of a flare-up probably hangs over you like a black cloud. Flares are when the skin condition, which was previousl...
Does light therapy help treat psoriasis?
Light therapy, or phototherapy, has been shown to help treat psoriasis. A particular wavelength of u...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Is Psoriatic Arthritis?
What Is Psoriatic Arthritis?