What increases my risk for nail psoriasis?

Since nail psoriasis is inherited, your risk is increased if you have a family history of the disorder. Half of people with psoriasis will experience nail changes; it also affects eight of ten with psoriatic arthritis. Males and females are equally likely to experience psoriasis, but it most often occurs between the ages of 15 and 35. Other risk factors include stress, which has an impact on your immune system; autoimmune diseases, such as AIDS; obesity; smoking, which also may increase the severity of the condition; excessive alcohol consumption; dry skin or air; and too much or too little sunlight.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Psoriasis and the Future of Treatment
Psoriasis and the Future of Treatment
Biologic therapies provide relief for many people with psoriasis, but what will treatment look like in the future? In this video, Dr. Oz explains how ...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have plaque psoriasis?
If you have been diagnosed with plaque psoriasis, your dermatologist may suggest you clean your skin...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
How Can I Manage Side Effects from Psoriasis Biologics?