What are possible complications of flexural psoriasis?

Flexural psoriasis (also called inverse psoriasis) is one of the five main types of the autoimmune condition psoriasis. Flexural psoriasis occurs in areas of the skin that rub against one another, such as the groin or armpits. Complications of psoriasis include:
  • Worsening symptoms: People with one kind of psoriasis can develop another if the condition spreads to other areas of the body. One very serious type of psoriasis is erythrodermic psoriasis, which involves widespread reddening and shedding of the skin and requires immediate medical attention. In addition, up to 30% of people with psoriasis go on to develop psoriatic arthritis that can cause joint pain, stiffness, and deterioration.
  • Other medical conditions: Research is now showing that people with psoriasis are at increased risk for depression, cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.
Experts emphasize the importance of getting good medical treatment as early as possible to lower your risk of developing complications of psoriasis.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

The Pros and Cons of Biologic Therapies for Psoriasis
If you’re one of the millions of Americans living with moderate-to-severe psoriasis, you may feel like you’ll never get relief from the itchy, painful...
What can I do if I'm feeling down or stressed by my psoriasis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Whenever you’re feeling down or stressed about your psoriasis, talk about your feelings with your fa...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
Is There a Link Between Weight and Psoriasis?