What should I know to care for someone with nail psoriasis?

When caring for someone with nail psoriasis, it is important to remember that it is very likely they also have body psoriasis. If the disease is widespread, it can have a significant impact on daily life and cause the individual to develop high levels of self-consciousness. Providing support and an understanding of what they are going through will help them cope. It will also be helpful to make sure they are avoiding triggers - such as alcohol consumption - as much as possible. Alleviating symptoms will help lead to a more normal lifestyle. If they are on medications or have to visit the doctor regularly, you can help to keep them on schedule. It is important to remember there may be an emotional side to the effects of psoriasis, so being a support will be a substantial help.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

A Virtual Look at Psoriatic Arthritis
A Virtual Look at Psoriatic Arthritis
Follow Dr. Oz as he guides us through a virtual look at psoriatic arthritis and how it affects the joints of the body.
How effective are IL-17 inhibitors?
Studies show IL-17 inhibitors work very well for psoriasis. In one study, people who took secukinuma...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Types of Joint Pain Should I Report to My Doctor If I Have Psoriasis?