What are immunomodulators for the treatment of psoriasis?

Topical immunomodulators (TIMs), such as tacrolimus ointment (Protopic) and pimecrolimus cream (Elidel), are eczema drugs sometimes used for psoriasis and may be useful for sensitive, thin-skinned areas, such as the face, or in skin-fold areas (under the breasts, in the groin). But these drugs are still considered investigational for psoriasis, and they can interact with a long list of medications and vaccines, which limits their use.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

My Story, My Diagnosis: Abby’s Story
My Story, My Diagnosis: Abby’s Story
Abby’s psoriasis began just after the birth of her son. In this video, she shares how she has overcome the physical and emotional struggles of the con...
How common is psoriasis?
Sigma NursingSigma Nursing
Psoriasis is a fairly common skin condition. In the United States alone, it's believed that there ar...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Are the Treatment Options for Psoriasis?