Is plaque psoriasis on the scalp rare?

Plaque psoriasis on the scalp is about as rare as a lion in a zoo. Scalp lesions happen in about half of everyone diagnosed with psoriasis. That being said, the severity of scalp lesions does vary from person to person. Some may have mild redness and scaling in small spots, and some may have severe, thick crusts of plaque covering large areas. And in some cases, the entire scalp is affected.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

5 Psoriasis Treatments—and How to Choose the Right One for You
Treatment of psoriasis has come a long way in recent years. Why? The medical community started to take the condition more seriously. “Forty to 50 yea...
What can I do if I'm feeling down or stressed by my psoriasis?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Whenever you’re feeling down or stressed about your psoriasis, talk about your feelings with your fa...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Types of Psoriasis Are More Serious?