Is psoriasis life-threatening?

Psoriasis may be uncomfortable at times, but it is not a life-threatening condition. Most people diagnosed with psoriasis learn how to manage the condition using a treatment plan prescribed by their doctor. That, combined with an awareness of what triggers flare-ups, makes the disease manageable for the large majority of those affected. Perhaps the most damaging effect of psoriasis is the psychological toll it can take. Living with psoriasis is very embarrassing for some people, to the point where they begin to have other problems because of it. If you begin to feel depressed as a result of your condition, don't be afraid to seek out professional counsel or a support group in your area.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Managing Your Stress, Exercising and Other Simple Ways to Manage Psoriasis
Psoriasis is a life-long condition, but certain lifestyle changes can reduce the risk of flare-ups and help you get your condition under control.
How effective is apremilast in treating plaque psoriasis?
Over half of the people taking apremilast in studies had at least a 50% drop in their psoriasis seve...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
Why May I Need Phototherapy for Psoriasis?