How should I moisturize my skin if I have flexural psoriasis?

While moisturizers are usually a mainstay of psoriasis management, you should speak with your doctor about using a moisturizer if you have been diagnosed with flexural psoriasis. Flexural psoriasis is one of the five main types of the autoimmune condition psoriasis. Doctors do not completely understand what causes psoriasis, but they do know that it develops when your immune system begins producing skin cells too fast.

Though there is no cure for psoriasis, finding a good dermatologist or rheumatologist and following the treatment plan he or she outlines for you is the best way to manage the condition.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

How to Soothe a Psoriasis Flare
How to Soothe a Psoriasis Flare
Figuring out what triggered a plaque psoriasis flare is sometimes easy and sometimes easier said than done. Psoriasis is an autoimmune disease—a condi...
What should I know before taking apremilast?
If you have had a depressive disorder, apremilast may not be a good option for you. If you have sev...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
Why Doesn’t Moisturizer Seem to be Helping My Psoriasis?