How can I manage symptoms of flexural psoriasis?

Flexural psoriasis (also called inverse psoriasis) can become one of the most debilitating types of psoriasis because it affects areas where the skin rubs together. This can mean constant irritation if you are having a flare-up.

The best thing you can do to manage symptoms is to ask doctor for a good treatment plan. Your doctor may recommend that you keep from overheating and wear fabrics such as cotton that do not trap heat and sweat. Other measures your doctor may suggest to help minimize flare-ups could include:
  • learning and avoiding your triggers
  • quitting smoking
  • limiting or eliminating alcohol
  • reducing stress.
If you are in the middle of a flare-up, your doctor may advise you to follow these steps:
  • Do not scratch the lesions.
  • Put a cold compress on particularly itchy ones.
  • Try an oatmeal bath to relieve itching.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Pediatric Psoriasis: Questions for Your Child's Doctor
Psoriasis can be a difficult condition to manage at any age, but it can pose a few additional challenges for children, as well as their families. A c...
What are the triggers for plaque psoriasis?
There are many things you can do to prevent a flare-up of plaque psoriasis: Identify your trigger...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Should I Know About Using Sunscreen If I Have Psoriasis?