How can I manage symptoms of exfoliative psoriasis?

If you have symptoms of exfoliative psoriasis, the best thing you can do to manage them is to get good medical care immediately.

Exfoliative psoriasis (also called erythrodermic psoriasis) is the least common but most serious type of psoriasis. Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that causes the body to produce skin cells too quickly. A flare of exfoliative psoriasis may only happen once in a lifetime. It affects large patches of skin that turn bright red and shed off the body in sheets. This can lead to several complications, including infection, pneumonia, and congestive heart failure, that can be life threatening and require immediate medical care.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

How Should I Moisturize My Skin If I Have Psoriasis?
The best way to moisturize your skin when you have psoriasis depends on a number of factors, including where you live and the time of year. In this vi...
How is heredity related to plaque psoriasis?
Experts are looking into how genes are related to plaque psoriasis. Researchers believe that there m...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Is the Best Lifestyle Change to Improve Psoriasis?