How do I manage my nail psoriasis on a daily basis?

Psoriasis, including nail psoriasis, can have a significant impact on your life, but there are ways you can manage the disease from day to day. It is important to follow doctors' advice regarding treatment such as medication, therapy, behavioral changes, and surgery. Sunlight therapy, using moisturizer, bathing daily, and avoiding triggers may also help relieve some of the symptoms that can cause severe discomfort. Since nail psoriasis is associated with body psoriasis in about 50 percent of cases, coping with the disease can be difficult. It is important to educate yourself on what you can do to live with the disorder and everything possible that can be done to keep symptoms from flaring up. Support groups are also available for those with psoriasis should the need arise, since remaining positive and realizing you're not alone can help significantly.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

6 Psoriasis Topics to Discuss With Your Healthcare Provider
Psoriasis is a chronic inflammatory skin condition that affects an estimated 125 million people worldwide. While there is no cure for psoriasis, there...
How does plaque psoriasis start?
Dr. Mark W. Moronell, MDDr. Mark W. Moronell, MD
In the early stages, psoriasis may be unnoticeable. The skin or scalp may itch or burn. Plaque psor...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
How Should I Care for My Psoriasis in Summer and Winter?