How do I manage my inverse psoriasis on a daily basis?

There are several things you can do to manage your inverse psoriasis on a daily basis. In addition to the treatment options recommended by your doctor, bathing regularly, using moisturizers, and taking steps to protect your skin can help your symptoms. Be careful of activities that may worsen your symptoms, too, such as stress, smoking and sunlight.
If you have been diagnosed with flexural psoriasis (also called inverse psoriasis), your doctor will help you come up with a management plan to help keep your flare-ups under control. This may include avoiding triggers that seem to worsen your psoriasis, following a gentle bathing routine that avoids hot water and harsh cleansers, using appropriate moisturizers, managing your sun exposure, and taking your medications as directed.

Though there is no cure for psoriasis, finding a good dermatologist or rheumatologist and following the treatment plan he or she outlines for you is the best way to manage the condition.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

What to Do When Topical Psoriasis Treatments Stop Working
Plaque psoriasis is an autoimmune disease that causes scaly patches of dead skin cells, called plaques. These painful, itchy patches can appear anywhe...
What should I know before taking apremilast?
If you have had a depressive disorder, apremilast may not be a good option for you. If you have sev...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?