How is scalp psoriasis diagnosed?

The first step in diagnosing scalp psoriasis is usually talking with your doctor. Generally, a doctor will be able to diagnose scalp psoriasis with a simple skin examination. Occasionally, scalp psoriasis symptoms may resemble other conditions, so a doctor may wish to take a sample of skin to analyze more closely in the lab. This biopsy can help the doctor confirm the exact cause of your symptoms and determine the best course of treatment.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Psoriatic Disease 101: Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis
Psoriatic disease refers to a pair of related inflammatory disorders—psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis. One affects the skin, while the other affects ...
What are the different forms of psoriasis?
There are as many kinds of psoriasis as there are days in the school week. The most common is pl...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
Why May I Need Phototherapy for Psoriasis?