How is guttate psoriasis diagnosed?

Your doctor can diagnose guttate psoriasis by examining your skin to look for reddish or pink, teardrop-shaped lesions on the skin of the trunk of the body, arms, legs, and sometimes other areas. Your doctor will ask about your recent health history because many individuals with guttate psoriasis have recently been ill with strep throat or an upper respiratory infection. The doctor may also take a skin biopsy (a sample that will be examined under a microscope) or a throat culture.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

How Should I Moisturize My Skin If I Have Psoriasis?
The best way to moisturize your skin when you have psoriasis depends on a number of factors, including where you live and the time of year. In this vi...
What is secukinumab?
Secukinumab (Cosentyx) blocks certain immune system proteins (IL-17A) that cause inflammation in peo...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?
What Are the Triggers for Psoriasis?