How does inverse psoriasis affect the body?

Inverse psoriasis affects the body in several ways. It is an immune system disorder, which means that the body begins to fight its own healthy cells instead of an actual disease or infection. This causes reddish-colored, irritated patches to appear in the various folds of the skin. They may develop under the breasts, in the armpits, or around the genital area.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

If I Have Psoriasis, Will I Also Have Psoriatic Arthritis?
Psoriatic arthritis (PsA) is a type of arthritis that affects people with psoriasis, but having psoriasis does not guarantee that you will have PsA. W...
How does plaque psoriasis start?
Dr. Mark W. Moronell, MDDr. Mark W. Moronell, MD
In the early stages, psoriasis may be unnoticeable. The skin or scalp may itch or burn. Plaque psor...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Causes Flare-Ups In Psoriatic Arthritis?