How common is psoriasis?

Diana Meeks
Diana Meeks on behalf of Sigma Nursing

Psoriasis is a fairly common skin condition. In the United States alone, it's believed that there are more than five million psoriasis cases among adults. Worldwide, up to 5 percent of the population is affected by it. In general, Caucasians are more likely to develop psoriasis than those with darker skin.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

6 Questions to Ask Your Doctor About Psoriasis
A psoriasis diagnosis can be surprising—and because the exact cause of the condition in unknown—confusing. Take charge of your condition and treatment...
How does plaque psoriasis start?
Dr. Mark W. Moronell, MDDr. Mark W. Moronell, MD
In the early stages, psoriasis may be unnoticeable. The skin or scalp may itch or burn. Plaque psor...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
How Can I Prevent Psoriasis from Affecting My Love Life?