How should I cleanse my skin if I have scalp psoriasis?

Scalp psoriasis can be very stubborn to treat. An early visit to your doctor or dermatologist can help you understand how to manage this skin condition, including what shampoos to use. Your doctor or dermatologist can recommend medicated shampoos or scale softeners to use for cleansing your scalp. Also, your doctor may suggest medications that you apply to your scalp after cleansing.

If you have any questions or concerns about your scalp psoriasis and how to practice good skin care during your treatment, talk with your doctor or dermatologist.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Psoriasis and Intimacy: 6 Tips for Talking to a Partner
Many people with psoriasis will tell you that the disorder has a negative impact on their intimacy and sexual fulfillment. Symptoms like itching, pain...
Does light therapy help treat psoriasis?
Light therapy, or phototherapy, has been shown to help treat psoriasis. A particular wavelength of u...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Are the Minor and Serious Side Effects of Psoriasis Biologics?