How should I cleanse my skin if I have flexural psoriasis?

Flexural psoriasis is one of the five main types of the autoimmune condition psoriasis. Doctors do not completely understand what causes psoriasis, but they do know that it develops when your immune system begins producing skin cells too fast.

Experts recommend that people with psoriasis use warm (not hot) water and limit the time they spend in the shower. They also advise using cleansers that are fragrance-free. Your doctor may suggest trying an oatmeal bath to calm the itching of a flare-up and may recommend that you get in the habit of patting your skin dry rather than rubbing it to help prevent irritation.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Is it Psoriasis, Dry Skin or Something Else?
When thickened, itchy, red scaly patches erupt on your skin, all you’ll want is relief. And when you’re dealing with psoriasis, getting that relief st...
How is psoriasis treated?
Treatment for psoriasis usually starts with topical drugs. Corticosteroid creams or ointments can be...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
Does Having Psoriatic Arthritis Increase My Risk for Having Other Forms of Arthritis?