How should I cleanse my skin if I have exfoliative psoriasis?

If you have an episode of exfoliative psoriasis (also called erythrodermic psoriasis), it is important that you get medical care right away. Exfoliative psoriasis is the least common but the most serious type of the autoimmune condition psoriasis. It can become life threatening and requires immediate medical care.

Your doctor can come up with a comprehensive management plan to bring the episode under control, and that may involve special baths to help soothe your skin and reduce itching.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

The Reasons People Stop Treating Psoriasis
Nearly 8 million Americans suffer from the itching, peeling and pain that goes along with psoriasis. And one study says a surprising number of those p...
How common is psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a fairly common skin condition. In the United States alone, it's believed that there ar...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Is the Long-Term Prognosis of Psoriatic Arthritis?