What do I need to know about caring for someone with scalp psoriasis?

Caring for people with scalp psoriasis involves supporting them both physically and mentally. It's important to make sure your loved one is following doctor's recommendations for medications or other treatments. Also, make sure the person is following good general skin care habits. You should also keep in mind that scalp psoriasis can cause a great deal of stress and anxiety about appearance. Help provide positive support and encouragement if your loved one feels anxious or ashamed. Psoriasis is not contagious and should not prevent the person from having normal interactions.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Everything You Need to Know for Healthier Skin
Take a deeper look at your body’s largest organ—the skin—and learn how to keep your skin happy and healthy in this video. Click on the video and drag ...
How effective is secukinumab?
Studies show secukinumab works very well for relieving psoriatic arthritis symptoms and slowing join...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
How Does Psoriatic Arthritis Damage My Body?