Should I talk to my doctor about my nail psoriasis symptoms?

If you are experiencing symptoms that could be caused by nail psoriasis, you should talk to your doctor. These symptoms may include nail discoloration or dents, as well as pain or what can look like an infection. It is especially important to talk to a doctor if you are experiencing symptoms and have a family history of psoriasis. Since nail psoriasis usually accompanies general skin psoriasis, symptoms may be indicative of a more widespread problem. It is important to see your doctor as soon as possible to begin treatment. Going without treatment can cause more severe symptoms eventually, including severe itching and joint pain.

If you are having symptoms of nail psoriasis, you should see a doctor. There are several treatments that he or she can offer to help relieve any discomfort you are having and help your nails regain their normal appearance.

Nail psoriasis affects up to 50% of people who live with the autoimmune condition psoriasis. Another reason why it's important to check in with your doctor is that nail psoriasis is often accompanied by psoriatic arthritis, a debilitating condition in your joints that should be diagnosed and treated early.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Help Prevent Psoriasis Flare-Ups With This Daily Routine
Psoriasis, an autoimmune disease that usually causes red, scaly patches on the skin is most common on the elbows, knees and scalp, but can develop any...
Is plaque psoriasis serious?
Plaque psoriasis is the most common type of psoriasis. About 80 percent of people with psoriasis hav...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
How Should I Care for My Psoriasis in Summer and Winter?