Can pustular psoriasis be prevented?

There is little that can be done to prevent generalized pustular psoriasis. Researchers are still working to understand the hows and whys of the disease, but they understand it to be related to genes and the immune system. Treatments like psoralen plus ultraviolet A (PUVA) and cyclosporine can help to put the disease into remission or calm the immune system, but occurrences of the disease will remain a concern to those who have it.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

Targeting Successful Psoriasis Treatment
Americans spend over $71 BILLION a year on lottery tickets—and scratch-off games are a huge favorite. But that’s nothing compared to the $112 BILLION ...
How should I cleanse my skin if I have plaque psoriasis?
If you have been diagnosed with plaque psoriasis, your dermatologist may suggest you clean your skin...
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try6 Psoriasis Self-Care Tips You Should Try
Find out how you can manage your psoriasis on a daily basis.
What Vitamins and Supplements Help With Psoriasis?