Are there alternative treatments for erythrodermic psoriasis?

Though there are alternative treatments that can help relieve psoriasis symptoms, erythrodermic psoriasis is such a severe form of the disease that you should seek out your doctor immediately to avoid major health complications. Once your erythrodermic psoriasis flare clears up and you are dealing with milder psoriasis symptoms, you can talk to your doctor about alternative therapies. Aloe vera and capsaicin cream can help soothe your skin, and some studies suggest that taking fish oil supplements can calm inflammation.

Exfoliative psoriasis (also called erythrodermic psoriasis) is the least common but most serious type of the autoimmune condition psoriasis. Because the condition can be life threatening, it is important that anyone who develops it get immediate medical care. After the initial episode is brought under control, you and your doctor can come up with an effective treatment plan and discuss whether there is a role for alternative medicine.

Because stress is one of the triggers of psoriasis, your doctor may recommend trying therapies to reduce it. Stress-reduction techniques include meditation or cognitive behavioral therapy.

Continue Learning about Plaque Psoriasis

8 Ways to Build the Support System You Need When You Have Psoriasis
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition involving inflammation in the skin, causing red, itchy patches of scaly skin. In those with psoriatic arthritis, ...
Can psoriasis be caused by an infection?
Jumo HealthJumo Health
Infections do not cause psoriasis. Psoriasis can develop after infections, injuries to the skin and ...
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
Foods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis WorseFoods That Could Make Your Psoriasis Worse
You might want to rethink hitting happy hour.
What Types of Joint Pain Should I Report to My Doctor If I Have Psoriasis?