Why should I eat organic sources of protein?

Ms. Ashley Koff, RD
I believe that organic makes a difference across the board, especially as we move up the food chain. So I recommend looking for organic sources of protein -- especially from animal (whey and egg white) as well as from soybeans, as it means that no chemicals were given to the animals, or sprayed on the plants, and no genetically modified seeds were used.

Continue Learning about Protein

The Science Behind the High-Protein Craze
Move over, fat and carbs. Protein’s grabbing the spotlight. Half of all consumers want more of this healthy nutrient -- and new surveys reveal one in ...
Why is it important to eat complete proteins?
Rose ReismanRose Reisman
Complete proteins contain all the amino acids and are found in meats, poultry, fish, seafood, ch...
How much protein should I have in my diet?
Annette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RNAnnette Moore, MSN,NASM Elite Trainer,RN
Protein needs vary depending on the individual's lean body mass, activity and caloric intake. Protei...
What Foods Can I Eat to Increase My Muscle Mass As I Get Older?