What is muscle protein synthesis?

Muscle protein synthesis (MPS) is the rebuilding of muscle tissue and it occurs as a result of the stresses that we place on our body, whether it is to repair injury (such as a muscle tear) or because we intentionally try to damage it (microtrauma from training).

Continue Learning about Protein

Eat This Protein for Calories That Don't Count
Plan that summer picnic around bean salads instead of brats and you may enjoy a smaller waist -- even if you eat the same number of calories as the br...
Why should I eat organic sources of protein?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
I believe that organic makes a difference across the board, especially as we move up the food ch...
How can I afford a high-protein diet?
Pierre DukanPierre Dukan
The cost of protein is relatively high -- meat, fish, and seafood can easily make a dent in a mo...
A Smart Smoothie to Control Appetite
A Smart Smoothie to Control Appetite