What is instant protein?

Chad Kramer
Chad Kramer on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
Instant Protein is a brand name for a powdered, protein supplement/replacement that is currently available on the market, but it is also a name people use for a quick and easy way to replace or supplement their diet with additional or required protein in a quick and easy form (powder mixed with liquid of choice). It is can be made from various protein sources including animal and vegetable sources. It most commonly provides complete protein needs and can be used for a variety of reasons. Other than providing a quick and easy complete protein source, there is no magic to it and it provides no additional benefits over eating any other complete protein source, such as animal products/by-products and combining vegetable sources of proteins to meet complete protein needs. We offer a variety of meal replacement and protein replacement/supplement drink choices on the dotFIT group page:  http://www.sharecare.com/group/dotfit 
Instant protein (also known as whey protein) is a concentrated form of protein that can be mixed with your foods and beverages. A serving provides from 6 to 16 g of extra protein. It is a food supplement and does not require a prescription. It is made from whey, soy, or lactose and is low in carbohydrates. The two primary brands of instant protein are Beneprotein, marketed by Nestle, and Shaklee Instant Protein. It is used to enhance your diet, promote healthy skin, increase muscle strength and assist your immune response. It is also used in combination with diet low in saturated fat and cholesterol to minimize the risk of heart disease. In addition, it can help with nutritional management when you have a condition that requires specific dietary guidelines. It is not for use in infants and is a food supplement not to be used as your only source of nutrition.

Continue Learning about Protein

Save Your Sight with This Protein Switch
Salmon patties or lean beef burgers at your next barbecue? You might help your eyes see better down the road if you grill up the salmon instead. Earl...
Which foods should I eat to get the most protein in my diet?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
Lean proteins are best. These proteins contain the least amount of fat. White breast of chicken and ...
How can I keep my C-reactive protein (CRP) level normal?
C-reactive protein, a substance released by the body in response to injury, is a marker of infla...
The Diabetes-Smart Plate
The Diabetes-Smart Plate