How can I reduce my CRP or hs-CRP level?

The high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) blood test lets you know the amount of inflammation in your body. Inflammation can affect the arteries and immune system. Chronic infections are common and often cause elevated hs-CRP levels.

You can reduce your hs-CRP level if you have an infection with a two-week course of antibiotics that eradicates low-grade nonspecific bacterial infections, such as inflammation of the gums, prostate, or urinary tract. In addition, exercise, aspirin and aspirin- related drugs, and statin drugs all help decrease hs-CRP. Reducing hs-CRP may be the most prominent effect of statin drugs. Having a normal C-reactive protein level -- meaning, one that is normal in your doctor's office and on three different occasions over a two-year period -- will make your RealAge (physiologic age) four years younger.
The RealAge Makeover: Take Years off Your Looks and Add Them to Your Life

Why not live at 60 feeling like you did at 35?Thousands of Americans are younger today than they were five years ago. How is that possible? By following the specific recommendations that reverse...

Continue Learning about Protein

The Science Behind the High-Protein Craze
Move over, fat and carbs. Protein’s grabbing the spotlight. Half of all consumers want more of this healthy nutrient -- and new surveys reveal one in ...
How much protein can the body use at a time?
Jose Antonio, PhDJose Antonio, PhD
It currently is not known how much protein your body can 'utilize' at one time. Suffice to say thoug...
How much protein do I need?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Protein should comprise 10 to 20 percent of total caloric intake. On a 2000 calorie per day diet...
Why Should I Include Protein in My Breakfast?