How can I get more protein in my diet?

Dr. Rovenia Brock, PhD
The more lean muscle you build, the more efficiently your body burns fat and calories, even while you sleep. To do this, you’ll need to add some protein to every meal.

Eat lean meats, fish, chicken, turkey, beans, and eggs, but don’t overlook vegetarian options like nuts, quinoa (a whole grain and complete protein source), spelt (a high-protein grain that looks like wheat), and wheat berries (a whole-grain form of wheat) -- rich in protein, iron, and vitamin E, which protects your cells, and magnesium, which makes healthy muscles and bones.

Continue Learning about Protein

Why the Varying Your Protein Source Matters
Cleveland has the two of the best switch hitters in baseball— Jose Ramirez and Francisco Lindor. Lindor smashed 33 home runs last year (22 as a lefty,...
How can I reduce my CRP or hs-CRP level?
The high sensitivity C-reactive protein (hs-CRP) blood test lets you know the amount of inflamma...
How much protein should I eat per day on a heart-healthy diet?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
You should eat two to three servings (about 4 to 6 ounces total) of protein daily. Get your prot...
Why Should I Include Protein in My Breakfast?