How does instant protein work?

Chad Kramer
Chad Kramer on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness
Instant protein is a type of protein supplement/replacement that is used as a quick and easy way to replace or supplement their diet with additional or required protein in a quick and easy form (powder mixed with liquid of choice). Someone who is in need of additional protein would drink this after a meal that is low in protein. We offer a variety of meal replacement and protein replacement/supplement drink choices on the dotFIT group page: http://www.sharecare.com/group/dotfit    
Instant protein is a concentrated form of protein. It comes in a powder and adds extra protein to anything you mix it with. It can be added to food or beverages. It doesn't lose its nutrient benefits when you cook with it. It provides the nine essential amino acids that your body needs if it can't create them itself.

Continue Learning about Protein

Am I Eating Enough Protein?
Am I Eating Enough Protein?
Perhaps you’ve seen the headlines: Americans eat too much protein. But the truth is more complicated than that. The amount you need depends on many fa...
How can I meet my protein requirement while on a low budget diet?
Marisa MooreMarisa Moore
Protein can be one of the most expensive components of a meal but there are many ways to meet your p...
Should I add protein shakes to my diet?
Judy CaplanJudy Caplan
I like protein shakes if the protein powder is made from whole foods. I do not like soy isolates...
To Improve Insulin Sensitivity, Reach for Lean Protein