What are some good high-protein, low-sugar foods?

Jacob Teitelbaum
Integrative Medicine
Some good high-protein, low-sugar foods are:
  • Meat: beef, pork, lamb, venison
  • Poultry: chicken, turkey, game birds
  • Fish and shellfish: all are okay
  • Eggs
  • Nuts and seeds: all are okay
  • Dairy products: milk, plain (unsweetened) or Greek-style yogurt, cottage cheese, hard and soft cheeses
  • Vegetables: All nonstarchy vegetables are okay. Avoid or limit your consumption of potatoes, yams, beets, and related starchy vegetables to portions of 4 ounces (113 g) or less, no more than four times a week. Enjoy carrots, winter squashes (e.g., acorn squash), and corn in moderation.
  • Beans and legumes: most beans (black, pinto, kidney, navy, etc.), lentils, split peas, tofu, soymilk
Beat Sugar Addiction Now!: The Cutting-Edge Program That Cures Your Type of Sugar Addiction and Puts You on the Road to Feeling Great - and Losing Weight!

The No-Fail Plan to Beating Sugar Addiction! With one-third of our calories coming from sugar and white flour added to processed foods, sugar addiction is a rapidly growing epidemic. However, unlike...

Continue Learning about Protein

Eat This Protein for Calories That Don't Count
Plan that summer picnic around bean salads instead of brats and you may enjoy a smaller waist -- even if you eat the same number of calories as the br...
How can I get the most nutrition from proteins?
Intermountain HealthcareIntermountain Healthcare
Meat and other protein-rich foods such as fish, poultry, meat, eggs, cheese, and tofu are good s...
Why should I include protein in my breakfast?
Joan Salge Blake, MS, RDJoan Salge Blake, MS, RD
Eating a breakfast that is beefed up with protein may be optimal for appetite control. Eating breakf...
5 Tips to Fight Fatigue
5 Tips to Fight Fatigue