Should I let my doctor know I take instant protein?

You should always consult your physician before starting any new diet changes. Infants under the age of one year should not use instant protein without consulting a doctor. You should also consult a doctor if you are breastfeeding or pregnant, taking a medication for chronic health condition, or if you have diabetes, kidney disease, or liver disease.
Chad Kramer
Chad Kramer on behalf of dotFIT
Fitness

It is always recommended that you let your doctor know of any dietary changes that you are incorporating in your life especially if you are predisposed to having issues where high protein or kidney problems exist.

Continue Learning about Protein

Eat This to Maintain Your Muscles
Eat This to Maintain Your Muscles
Worried about losing muscle mass as you shed weight? The solution may be to add more protein to your diet. Women naturally lose muscle and strength a...
If I workout, do I need to supplement with a protein powder?
Catherine HollyCatherine Holly
Whether or not you need a protein powder for a workout depends on how long you are exercising. For a...
How can I eat more protein without adding fat?
Kat Barefield, MS, RDKat Barefield, MS, RD
When it comes to lean protein, you can’t beat fish. For this company-worthy dish, halibut is baked w...
What to Eat on a Protein Cycling Plan
What to Eat on a Protein Cycling Plan