Why is lean protein good for my appearance?

Lean proteins afford you numerous benefits that show up in your skin. They are, after all, the building blocks of life, helping you to maintain the natural structures and functions of your body. Some underappreciated tasks of proteins: They are responsible for repairing and rebuilding muscle tissues (including vulnerable tissues in the skin!), they grow hair and nails, they create enzymes and hormones (including ones that belong in the chain of events leading to vibrant skin), and they maintain the health of your internal organs and blood. Can’t pull away from the table soon enough? Eat more protein because it helps satisfy you. And a good source of protein will also help you to recover from a workout so that you’re ready to go again the next day.

From The Mind-Beauty Connection: 9 Days to Less Stress, Gorgeous Skin, and a Whole New You by Amy Wechsler.

Continue Learning about Protein Body Impact

High-Protein Snacks Boost Metabolic Rate
Before you spend 20 minutes pumping iron at the gym or hauling your body up that park hill, high-protein snacks are recommended. Research suggests tha...
What is the role of dietary protein in the body?
Manuel VillacortaManuel Villacorta
Most Americans get plenty of protein, which is essential for growth, tissue repair, and immune funct...
How can I eat enough protein and keep my heart healthy?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Here are some tips for a protein-rich, heart-healthy diet: Avoid processed meats. Foods such as ...
How Does Eating Protein Help Reduce My Appetite?