How can a protein-rich diet help my skin and muscle tone?

Pierre Dukan
The skin’s elastic tissue, as well as muscle, is made up essentially of proteins. A diet lacking in proteins forces the body to use its own muscles and the skin’s proteins, so the skin loses its elasticity. Combined, these effects cause aging of the skin, the hair, and even one’s general appearance, which friends and family soon notice, and which can be enough to make you stop the diet early.

Conversely, a protein-rich diet and, even more so, a diet made up exclusively of proteins like the Dukan Diet’s Attack phase, has no reason to attack the body’s reserves because the body is being given massive protein supplies. Under these conditions, the weight loss is rapid, muscle firmness is maintained, and the skin glows, allowing you to lose weight without looking older.
The Dukan Diet: 2 Steps to Lose the Weight, 2 Steps to Keep It Off Forever

Devised by Dr. Pierre Dukan, a French medical doctor who has spent his career helping people to lose weight, the Dukan Diet rejects counting calories and promises permanent weight loss while allowing...

Continue Learning about Protein Body Impact

High-Protein Snacks Boost Metabolic Rate
Before you spend 20 minutes pumping iron at the gym or hauling your body up that park hill, high-protein snacks are recommended. Research suggests th...
What types of proteins should I choose to keep my heart healthy?
Intermountain Registered DietitiansIntermountain Registered Dietitians
Protein is an important element in a healthy diet. Unfortunately, many sources of protein -- such as...
How does eating protein help reduce my appetite?
Chris PowellChris Powell
Eating protein at a certain time during your meal can help you eat less and lose weight faster. To l...
The Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss
The Best Protein Powder for Weight Loss