How can protein bars affect weight?

Most Americans get more than enough protein each day, so eating protein bars as snacks can add unnecessary sugar, fat, and calories to your diet. Instead of overloading on protein bars, you can opt for bean chips that are low in calories and sugar, and packed with fiber that’ll help tide you over between meals.

This content originally appeared on doctoroz.com
Judy Caplan
Protein bars can be part of a weight loss program. If you are in a hurry, protein bars work as a meal replacement. Make sure they have no trans fats, and do not have some type of sugar in the first three ingredients. If they contain flour, look for ones with whole grains. If you eat protein bars as a snack but take in too many other calories throughout the day, you could gain weight.

Continue Learning about Protein Body Impact

High-Protein Snacks Boost Metabolic Rate
Before you spend 20 minutes pumping iron at the gym or hauling your body up that park hill, high-protein snacks are recommended. Research suggests th...
How do soybeans help keep my body healthy?
Michael T. Murray, NDMichael T. Murray, ND
Soybeans are an excellent source of protein and molybdenum. They are a very good source of iron, cal...
Why should I avoid eating too much protein?
Ms. Ashley Koff, RDMs. Ashley Koff, RD
While the body needs protein daily, it can get too much. The body does not store excess protein and ...
The Best Protein for Weight Loss
The Best Protein for Weight Loss