How can I eat enough protein and keep my heart healthy?

Here are some tips for a protein-rich, heart-healthy diet:
  • Avoid processed meats. Foods such as hot dogs, salami, and other lunch meats are usually high in fat and sodium.
  • Watch your portion sizes. Stick to portions that are about the size of a deck of cards -- or the palm of your hand. If it’s bigger than the palm of your hand, it’s bigger than one portion.
  • Experiment with meatless recipes. Try substituting beans, low-fat cheese, or tofu in your favorite recipes.
  • Check out a vegetarian cookbook for new ideas for tasty, filling, and easy-to-prepare entrees.

Continue Learning about Protein Body Impact

High-Protein Snacks Boost Metabolic Rate
Before you spend 20 minutes pumping iron at the gym or hauling your body up that park hill, high-protein snacks are recommended. Research suggests th...
How can a high-protein diet help reduce water retention and bloating?
Pierre DukanPierre Dukan
Protein-rich diets are known to promote elimination through urine and, as such, provide a welcom...
How can protein powders containing casein help build muscle?
Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)Int'l Health, Racquet & Sportsclub Association (IHRSA)
Casein protein is a complete protein that comes in several forms usually derived from skim milk, and...
The Best Protein for Weight Loss
The Best Protein for Weight Loss