How can I eat enough protein and keep my heart healthy?

Here are some tips for a protein-rich, heart-healthy diet:
  • Avoid processed meats. Foods such as hot dogs, salami, and other lunch meats are usually high in fat and sodium.
  • Watch your portion sizes. Stick to portions that are about the size of a deck of cards -- or the palm of your hand. If it’s bigger than the palm of your hand, it’s bigger than one portion.
  • Experiment with meatless recipes. Try substituting beans, low-fat cheese, or tofu in your favorite recipes.
  • Check out a vegetarian cookbook for new ideas for tasty, filling, and easy-to-prepare entrees.

Continue Learning about Protein Body Impact

High-Protein Snacks Boost Metabolic Rate
Before you spend 20 minutes pumping iron at the gym or hauling your body up that park hill, high-protein snacks are recommended. Research suggests th...
What kinds of protein are good for my skin?
Every cell in your body needs protein to thrive but what else arrives with that protein can make a b...
Why is protein important for my brain?
Dr. David Perlmutter, MDDr. David Perlmutter, MD
Proteins break down into amino acids, which are the essential building blocks of neurochemicals in t...
How Does Eating Protein Help Reduce My Appetite?