Can eating eggs help me lose weight and boost my metabolism?

Tim Ferriss
Fitness
In randomized and controlled trials, eating eggs results in more fat-loss and increased basal metabolism. In one such trial, overweight women who consumed a breakfast of two eggs a day for eight weeks (at least five days per week) instead of a bagel of equal weight and caloric value lost 65% more weight and -- more importantly -- had an 83% greater reduction in waist circumference. There were no significant differences between the plasma total-high-density lipoprotein (HDL)-low-density lipoprotein (LDL)-cholesterol and triglyceride levels of either group.

Egg yolks also provide choline, which helps protect the liver and increases fat-loss as compared to a control. Choline metabolizes into betaine and offers methyl groups for methylation processes. Steven Zeisel from the University of North Carolina -- Chapel Hill explains: "Exposure to oxidative stress is a potent trigger for inflammation. Betaine is formed from choline within the mitochondria, and this oxidation contributes to mitochondrial redox status."
The 4-Hour Body: An Uncommon Guide to Rapid Fat-Loss, Incredible Sex, and Becoming Superhuman

Thinner, bigger, faster, stronger... which 150 pages will you read?Is it possible to: Reach your genetic potential in 6 months? Sleep 2 hours per day and perform better than on 8 hours? Lose more fat...

Continue Learning about Protein and Weight Loss

What are the best lean protein choices for weight loss?
There are plenty of healthy protein choices from which to choose for weight loss. Aim for leaner cut...
Will eating more protein help me lose weight?
Dr. Robin Miller, MDDr. Robin Miller, MD
Eating protein can help you lose weight because it helps to burn calories and build muscle. Listen a...
What is a Liquid Nutritional Cleanse?
What is a Liquid Nutritional Cleanse?
What Jason Derulo Drinks to Cut Cravings