Who will be on my surgical team for my prostatectomy?

Your surgical team will consist of: your surgeon, an assistant surgeon, anesthesiologist operating room nurse and operating room technician. Once your surgery is complete you will have a nurse in the post anesthesia care unit that will care for you on a one on one basis unit you are awake and ready to be transferred to the ward. On the ward you will have a team on nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, nutritionists and pharmacist who will all care for you until discharge. As you can see the team is much more than just your surgeon.

Continue Learning about Prostatectomy

Is robotic prostatectomy better for nerve sparing than an open surgery?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
Both robotic and open prostatectomy have similar outcomes regarding nerve sparing, says Jayram Krish...
How is a robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy performed?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
To perform a robot-assisted laparoscopic prostatectomy, the surgeon sits at a console several feet a...
Who should have a radical prostatectomy?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
The best candidates for radical prostatectomy surgery (a procedure in which the prostate gland, semi...
What are possible side effects of a prostatectomy?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
The two main side effects of prostatectomy, says Jayram Krishnan, DO, a urologist at Sunrise Hospita...