Who will be on my surgical team for my prostatectomy?

Your surgical team will consist of: your surgeon, an assistant surgeon, anesthesiologist operating room nurse and operating room technician. Once your surgery is complete you will have a nurse in the post anesthesia care unit that will care for you on a one on one basis unit you are awake and ready to be transferred to the ward. On the ward you will have a team on nurses, respiratory therapists, occupational therapists, nutritionists and pharmacist who will all care for you until discharge. As you can see the team is much more than just your surgeon.

Continue Learning about Prostatectomy

What is laser prostatectomy?
Laser prostatectomy is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), or enlarged ...
How long will the pelvic drain be in after radical prostatectomy?
Sangtae Park, MDSangtae Park, MD
The majority of radical prostatectomies are performed using robot assisted laparoscopic technology. ...
What is nerve-sparing prostatectomy?
Marc B. Garnick, MDMarc B. Garnick, MD
Men have traditionally shuddered at the risks of radical prostatectomy, especially permanent impoten...
Is robotic prostatectomy better for nerve sparing than an open surgery?
Jayram Krishnan, DOJayram Krishnan, DO
Both robotic and open prostatectomy have similar outcomes regarding nerve sparing, says Jayram Krish...