Complimentary and alternative medicines may help treat prostate diseases and relieve symptoms. Some men use the herb saw palmetto to relieve symptoms of enlarged prostate. Other men may make dietary changes to include high quantities of lycopene, which helps prevent prostate cancer. Biofeedback and acupuncture may also help manage pain associated with chronic prostatitis. Talk to your doctor about your treatment options and whether alternative medicine may be right for you.
- Q Why is active surveillance used to treat prostate diseases?
- Q What is a Gleason score?
- Q Is the treatment of nonbacterial prostatitis dangerous?
- Q How common is nonbacterial prostatitis?
- Q Why do prostate problems affect urination and sexual function?
- Q What are the regions of the prostate gland?